Friday, February 24, 2012

Cinnamon Yum Yum

Chesapeake Bay


No blog yesterday. I was too busy enjoying the almost 70 degree weather in February! Went to the park and got my photography bliss on, enjoyed the soothing sounds of the rolling waves hitting the beach, collected some sea glass and ended the day walking the dogs and having breakfast for dinner.  I am grateful for days like those.








Today wasn't so pretty or warm! Can't win them all. Cold front is coming thru, but I still don't think it will get super cold. So I decided to bake something today I have been eyeing up for the past couple months. I found Chocolate Covered Katies blog on Pinterest. She features healthy deserts. most of them are gluten free so I have been wanting to bake some of her things.

I decided to try her Snickerdoodle Genius Blondies. I love snicker doodles, but I am not a big fan of making cookies, so I thought I would give this one a try.

What I really love about her recipes is that she uses beans a lot, which I think is genius. low carb, high protein and fiber. Who would think to use beans in a desert! This recipe also used flax meal, so it has lots of good omegas! Also it called for sugar, I have been using palm sugar lately. Lower glycemic index and higher in nutrients. I try not to eat a lot of sugar because it messes with my blood sugar and if I do I try to balance it with protein.


This recipe was quick and easy. No bowls, easy cleanup, just through all the ingredients in your food processor and dump it in your pan, bake for about 22 minutes. Definitely let them cool. Usually I enjoy my yum yum's warm, but this was  much better cooled. They had a pumpkin pie like consistency. Reminded me of it a little, probably because of the cinnamon. It was sweet, but not too sweet and would have been yummy with some cool whip!



I enjoyed making a dessert made with beans, my husband didn't even notice. I have seen many recipes out there for brownies made with black beans. I am going to have to try that next.

Thank you Katie for blogging yummy and HEALTHY dessert recipes!

~J~

No comments:

Post a Comment